Want to create or adapt books like this? Learn more about how Pressbooks supports open publishing practices.
Book Contents Navigation
About this Guide
Acknowledgement of Country
About the Contributors
1. What is Legal Research?
2. Sources of Legal Information
3. Legal Research Strategy
4. Searching Strategies and Tips
5. Australian Guide to Legal Citation (AGLC) 4th Edition
6. AGLC Footnotes
7. AGLC Subsequent References
8. AGLC Bibliographies
9. Review Quiz - Research Skills and AGLC
10. What is Case Law?
11. How Cases are Published
12. Citing a Case
13. Finding a Case
14. Using Case Citators
15. Using Citators to see Judicial Consideration
16. Review Quiz - Case Law
17. Introduction to Legislative Research
18. Legislative Process
19. Parliamentary Documents
21. Subordinate Legislation
22. Finding Queensland Legislation
23. Finding Victorian Legislation
24. Finding Commonwealth Legislation
25. Tracking Changes in Legislation
26. Review Quiz - Legislation
27. Introduction to Secondary Sources
28. Dictionaries and Encyclopaedias
30. Looseleaf Services (Commentaries)
31. Journal Articles
32. Other Sources
33. Review Quiz - Secondary Sources
Take the below review quiz to test your understanding of the content covered in this section.
Legal Research Skills: An Australian Law Guide: 2023 JCU Edition Copyright © 2023 by James Cook University is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.